[Python-Dev] OS-X builds for 3.7.0

Ray Donnelly mingw.android at gmail.com
Wed Jan 31 03:31:27 EST 2018

On Jan 30, 2018 6:47 PM, "Joni Orponen" <j.orponen at 4teamwork.ch> wrote:

On Tue, Jan 30, 2018 at 6:50 PM, Ray Donnelly <mingw.android at gmail.com>
wrote:

> While we're making such macOS-build requests, any chance of building a
> static interpreter too? We've been doing that on the Anaconda
> Distribution since the 5.0 release in September and it seems to be
> working well.

PyPy is also currently eyeing doing their macOS builds better:
https://bitbucket.org/pypy/pypy/issues/2734/establish-a-build-and-release-
pipeline-for

What do the Anaconda static builds get built on?

We have our own clang pseudo cross-compilers and use a macOS 10.9 SDK for
all of our package compilation to achieve compatibility (this means we can
compile on newer macOS just fine). We see a 1.1 to 1.2 times performance
benefit over official releases as measured using 'python performance'.

Apart from a static interpreter we also enable LTO and PGO and only build
for 64-bit so I'm not sure how much each bit continues. Our recipe for
python 3.6 can be found at:

https://github.com/AnacondaRecipes/python-feedstock/tree/master/recipe

--
Joni Orponen