[Python-Dev] OS-X builds for 3.7.0

Matt Billenstein matt at vazor.com
Tue Jan 30 13:08:06 EST 2018

On Tue, Jan 30, 2018 at 09:42:07AM -0800, Chris Barker wrote:
>    IT dept has been making me upgrade, so I"m going to guess 10.8 or newer...

OSX is in a sad state linking to system libs on the later releases -- maybe
10.11 and on, not sure of the exact release -- they stopped shipping the
headers for things like ssl and ffi since they don't want 3rd parties linking
to deprecated versions of those libraries versus, in the case of ssl, their
newer security framework.  Recommendation is to bundle what you need if you're
not using the framework -- something to think about.

thx

Matt Billenstein
matt at vazor.com
http://www.vazor.com/