[Python-Dev] Guido's Python 1.0.0 Announcement from 27 Jan 1994

Guido van Rossum guido at python.org
Sat Jan 27 21:45:16 EST 2018

David Beazley has also collected various historic releases here:
https://github.com/dabeaz/hoppy/tree/master/Ancient -- he's got 0.9.1,
0.9.6, 0.9.7beta1, 0.9.8, 0.9.9, and 1.0.3.

For me personally, the fondest memories are of 1.5.2, which Paul Everitt
declared, while we were well into 2.x territory, was still the best Python
ever. (I didn't agree, but 1.5.2 did serve us very well for a long time.)

--
--Guido van Rossum (python.org/~guido)