[Python-Dev] Positional-only parameters in Python

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Wed Jan 17 11:52:21 EST 2018

On Jan 17, 2018, at 08:14, Serhiy Storchaka <storchaka at gmail.com> wrote:

> The main problem -- designing a syntax that does not look ugly. I think there are too small time is left before features freezing for experimenting with it. It would be better to make such changes at the early stage of development.

A PEP is definitely needed.  Can someone get a PEP written, approved, with the feature implemented in 12 days?  As much as I like the idea, I think it’s unlikely.  But hey, you never know so if someone is really motivated, go for it!  The effort won’t be wasted in any case, since 3.8’s right around the corner <wink>.

-Barry