[Python-Dev] How is the GitHub workflow working for people?

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Sat Feb 24 01:56:32 EST 2018

On Feb 22, 2018, at 09:09, Eric Snow <ericsnowcurrently at gmail.com> wrote:

> I had exactly that experience on one particularly large Go project (on
> GitHub, with slow CI, driven by bots).

One thing that’s nice to set up if you can is multiple, parallel, independent CI runs.  E.g. if your full test suite takes a long time to run, but you can run your code style tests pretty quickly (e.g. flake8 and mypy), then you can get more immediate feedback about your PR code style, and it’s not so painful if your test suite is slow.

-Barry