[Python-Dev] OS-X builds for 3.7.0

Chris Barker chris.barker at noaa.gov
Thu Feb 1 15:24:53 EST 2018

>> Ned Deily is in charge of the Mac build (as well as current release
> manager).  Within the last week, he revised the official builds (now two, I
> believe) for 3.7.0b1, due in a day or so.  One will be a future oriented
> 64-bit build.  The PR and What's New have more.

What's New doesn't mention it, but Ned's annoucemtn does:

"""
Attention macOS users: with 3.7.0b1, we are providing a choice of
two binary installers.  The new variant provides a 64-bit-only
version for macOS 10.9 and later systems; this variant also now
includes its own built-in version of Tcl/Tk 8.6.  We welcome your
feedback.
"""

So that's a start -- thanks Ned!

He may not be reading this thread, but will read MacOS tracker issues with
> a specific proposal, data and a patch.  Comparisons should be against the
> current master or an installed 3.7.0b1.

I hope the folks on this thread that know what they are doing can test and
make suggestions :-)

-CHB

--

Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov