[Python-Dev] Inclusion of lz4 bindings in stdlib?

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Sat Dec 1 09:54:00 EST 2018

We* should probably do more collectively to point people at
production-quality third-party modules, as I believe we currently do with
pipenv which, while not a part of the standard library, is still
recommended in the documentation as the preferred method of dependency
management. We should also be even more strident when a library module is a
basic version, not to be used for production purposes.

This inevitably means, however, that there will be lag in the
documentation, which generally speaking lags current best practices.

Steve Holden

* I am not a significant contributor to the code base.