[Python-Dev] [python-committers] IMPORTANT - final 3.7.0 beta cutoff!

Victor Stinner vstinner at redhat.com
Mon Apr 30 16:29:16 EDT 2018

Hi,

I modified the behaviour of the socketserver module: ThreadingMixIn
now waits until all threads complete and ForkingMixIn now waits until
all child processes complete

https://bugs.python.org/issue31233
https://bugs.python.org/issue31151

I was supposed to do something, like add an option to at least opt-in
for the old behaviour, but I didn't have the bandwidth to work on
these issues.

Python 3.7 may be shipped with the new behavior and no option to get
the old behaviour (stop immediately, don't wait for
threads/processes). Any volunteer to work on these issues?

Victor