[Python-Dev] PEP 573 -- Module State Access from C Extension Methods

Jeroen Demeyer J.Demeyer at UGent.be
Thu Apr 26 10:51:52 EDT 2018

On 2018-04-26 16:37, Nick Coghlan wrote:
> PEP 487 refers to this as the "owner" of a descriptor

That's just copied from the Python docs:

https://docs.python.org/3.8/reference/datamodel.html#object.__get__

Anyway, I never liked the name "owner" there, "cls" would have been much
clearer.

For PEP 575, I thought of "owner" too, but I don't like it because it
sounds too possessive. It sounds like the "owner" somehow has complete
control over the function and I don't want that association.