[Python-Dev] PEP 573 -- Module State Access from C Extension Methods

Jeroen Demeyer J.Demeyer at UGent.be
Thu Apr 26 05:04:07 EDT 2018

> - In Python code, __objclass__ should be the defining class, not the module.

Indeed. My idea would be to add an accessor __parent__ returning the
m_parent field (whatever it is) and then implement __objclass__ as
something like:

@property
def __objclass__(self):
     parent = getattr(self, "__parent__", None)
     if isinstance(parent, type):
         return parent
     else:
         raise AttributeError

In PEP 575, I don't plan to add a Python attribute specifically for
getting the defining module: I'll leave that to PEP 573.