[Python-Dev] PEP 572: Assignment Expressions

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 17:29:46 EDT 2018

On Tue, Apr 24, 2018 at 7:25 AM, Sven R. Kunze <srkunze at mail.de> wrote:
> On 23.04.2018 22:37, Chris Angelico wrote:
>>
>> Ah, are you one of those programmers who writes code once and it's
>> instantly perfect? I apologize, I didn't realize I was in the presence
>> of a unicorn.
>

> Wow, constructive. Nothing is perfect, but if you don't consider your
> surroundings when doing changes, well, what could possibly go wrong...

I've seen way too many programmers - myself included - think that
synchronized edits are viable. If you are the one and only perfect
programmer, then sure! But if you're like the rest of us, it's better
to build your code in such a way that it doesn't bite you.

Yes, it was a snarky way to make the point, but I have a strong point to make.

ChrisA