[Python-Dev] Translating sample programs in documentation

Xuan Wu fromwheretowhere.service at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 14:32:25 EDT 2018

Hi Erik, thanks a lot for the support. As mentioned in the thread in
Doc-Sig list, IMO it can be great showcase to use identifiers in native
languages, which PEP 3131 was designed for initially, while even now
many beginners don't even know it's possible.

Besides, thanks to the references from that thread, it seems some change
in Sphinx config is needed before the programs can be translated. Help
or pointers are greatly appreciated, as I'm brand new to the
documentation system. I've setup translation system locally and got a
testing Chinese version up and running, but haven't got far on Sphinx
config.

Last but not least, please let me know if it is OK to continue this
topic here, especially the technical details.

Best wishes,

Xuan.