[Python-Dev] PEP 557: Data Classes

Mike Miller python-dev at mgmiller.net
Mon Sep 11 19:51:52 EDT 2017

On 2017-09-11 05:26, Eric V. Smith wrote:
> On 9/10/17 10:27 PM, Raymond Hettinger wrote:

I've typically used these type of objects as records.  When in an irreverent
mood I've called them bags.  The short name is helpful as they get used all over
the place.  I'll add Nick's "declarative" as it describes the problem well from
another angle:

- record
- bag
- declarative

Anyone like these?  I find them more intuitive than the existing name.

Also, considering their uses, it might make sense to put them in the collections
module.

-Mike