[Python-Dev] iso8601 parsing

Alexander Belopolsky alexander.belopolsky at gmail.com
Tue Oct 24 17:53:58 EDT 2017

On Tue, Oct 24, 2017 at 5:26 PM, Chris Barker <chris.barker at noaa.gov> wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 23, 2017 at 5:33 PM, Hasan Diwan <hasan.diwan at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
> can anyone argue that it's not a good idea for datetime ot
> be able to read the iso format it puts out?

No, but the last time I suggested that that datetime types should
satisfy the same invariants as numbers, namely
T(repr(x)) == x, the idea was met will silence.  I, on the other hand,
am not very enthusiastic about named constructors such as
date.isoparse().  Compared with date(s:str), this is one more method
name to remember, plus the potential for abuse as an instance method.
What is d.isoparse('2017-11-24')?