[Python-Dev] PEP 564: Add new time functions with nanosecond resolution

Victor Stinner victor.stinner at gmail.com
Mon Oct 16 13:20:44 EDT 2017

Oh, now I'm confused. I misunderstood your previous message. I understood
that you changed you mind and didn't want to add process_time_ns().

Can you elaborate why you consider that time.process_time_ns() is needed,
but not the nanosecond flavor of os.times() nor resource.getrusage()? These
functions use the same or similar clock, no?

Depending on platform, time.process_time() may be implemented with
resource.getrusage(), os.times() or something else.

Victor