[Python-Dev] Reorganize Python categories (Core, Library, ...)?

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Thu Oct 5 22:35:36 EDT 2017

On 6 October 2017 at 06:35, Giampaolo Rodola' <g.rodola at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 4, 2017 at 11:52 AM, Victor Stinner <victor.stinner at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> By the way, we need maybe also a new "module name" field in the bug
>> tracker. But then comes the question of normalizing module names. For
>> example, should "email.message" be normalized to "email"? Maybe store
>> "email.message" but use "email" for search, display the module in the
>> issue title, etc.
>>
>> Victor
>

> Personally I've always dreamed about having *all* module names. That would
> reflect experts.rst file:
> https://github.com/python/devguide/blob/master/experts.rst

Right. One UX note though, based on similarly long lists in the Bugzilla
component fields for Fedora and RHEL: list boxes don't scale well to really
long lists of items, so such a field would ideally be based on a combo-box
with typeahead support. (We have something like that already for the nosy
list, where the typeahead support checks for Experts Index entries)

Cheers,
Nick.