[Python-Dev] Intention to accept PEP 552 soon (deterministic pyc files)

Koos Zevenhoven k7hoven at gmail.com
Sun Oct 1 16:52:31 EDT 2017

On Oct 1, 2017 19:26, "Guido van Rossum" <guido at python.org> wrote:

Your PEP is currently incomplete. If you don't finish it, it is not even a
contender. But TBH it's not my favorite anyway, so you could also just
withdraw it.

I can withdraw it if you ask me to, but I don't want to withdraw it without
any reason. I haven't changed my mind about the big picture. OTOH, PEP 521
is elegant and could be used to implement PEP 555, but 521 is almost
certainly less performant and has some problems regarding context manager
wrappers that use composition instead of inheritance.

-- Koos