[Python-Dev] 3.7.0a3 cutoff extended a week to 12-04

Ned Deily nad at python.org
Mon Nov 27 22:40:20 EST 2017

We are extending the cutoff for the next 3.7 alpha preview (3.7.0a3) a week, moving it from today to 12-04 12:00 UTC.  The main reason is a selfish one: I have been traveling and mainly offline for the last few weeks and I am still catching up with activity.  Since we are getting close to feature code cutoff for the 3.7 cycle, it would be better to get things in sooner than later.  Following alpha 3, we will have one more alpha preview, 3.7.0a4 on 2018-01-08, prior to the feature code cutoff with 3.7.0b1 on 2018-01-29.  Note that 12-04 is also the scheduled date for the next 3.6.x maintenance release release candidate, 3.6.4rc1.  So I hope you can take advantage of the extra days for both release cycles.

Thanks again for all your efforts!
--Ned

--
  Ned Deily