[Python-Dev] Tricky way of of creating a generator via a comprehension expression

Ivan Levkivskyi levkivskyi at gmail.com
Thu Nov 23 06:44:20 EST 2017

On 23 November 2017 at 10:50, Paul Moore <p.f.moore at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 23 November 2017 at 09:14, Steve Holden <steve at holdenweb.com> wrote:
> > I would urge developers, in their improvements to the language to support
> > asynchronous programming, to bear in mind that this is (currently) a
> > minority use case. Why the rush to set complex semantics in stone?
>
> +1
>
> Also, given that languages like C# have similar async/await
> functionality, I'd be interested to know how they address questions
> like this. If they have a parallel, we should probably follow it. If
> they don't that would be further indication that no-one has much
> experience of the "best answers" yet, and caution is indicated.

Keeping this open for indefinite time is also not a good option.
Note that the issue about `yield` in comprehensions
https://bugs.python.org/issue10544 is 7 (seven) years old.
I don't say that we should fix it _right now_, but I think it makes sense
to spend some time and finally resolve it.

--
Ivan