[Python-Dev] Comments on PEP 563 (Postponed Evaluation of Annotations)

Koos Zevenhoven k7hoven at gmail.com
Mon Nov 20 13:58:09 EST 2017

On Mon, Nov 20, 2017 at 7:58 PM, Lukasz Langa <lukasz at langa.pl> wrote:

> I agree with you. The special handling of outermost strings vs. strings
> embedded inside annotations bugged me a lot. Now you convinced me that this
> functionality should be moved to `get_type_hints()` and the __future__
> import shouldn't try to special-case this one instance, while leaving
> others as is.
>
>> <Python-Dev at python.org>

That's better. I don't necessarily care if there will be a warning when a
string is given as annotation, but if the idea is to simplify things for
the future and get rid of strings to represent types, then this would be a
good moment to gently "enforce" it.

––Koos

--
+ Koos Zevenhoven + http://twitter.com/k7hoven +