[Python-Dev] PEP 565: Show DeprecationWarning in __main__

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Sun Nov 19 02:29:10 EST 2017

On 19 November 2017 at 17:22, Nick Coghlan <ncoghlan at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've updated the PEP to try to make the explanation of the historical
> rationale more accurate:
> https://github.com/python/peps/commit/30daada7867dd7f0e008545c7fd98612282ec602

With these changes, I think the version now live at
https://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0565/ is ready for pronouncement.

Are you happy to review and pronounce on that in this thread, or would
you prefer that I started a new one?

Cheers,
Nick.

P.S. The actual implementation still needs some work, due to details
of the dual Python/C warnings module implementation, and the
subtleties of how that interacts with the re module. However, I've
implemented a working version with a test case, and have a pretty
clear idea of the extra test cases that we need to close some of the
test coverage gaps that draft implementation has revealed.