[Python-Dev] [python-committers] Enabling depreciation warnings feature code cutoff

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Thu Nov 9 10:45:52 EST 2017

On Nov 9, 2017, at 07:27, Tres Seaver <tseaver at palladion.com> wrote:

> IIUC, that would be as expected:  you would see the warnings when running
> your test suite exercising that imported code (which should run with all
> warnings enabled), but not when running the app.
>
> Seems like a reasonable choice to me.

I’m coming around to that view too.  FWIW, I definitely do want to see the DeprecationWarnings in libraries I use, even if I didn’t write them.  That let’s me help that package’s author identify them, maybe even provide a fix, and let’s me evaluate whether maybe some other library is better suited to my needs.  It probably does strike the right balance to see that in my own test suite only.

-Barry