[Python-Dev] Guarantee ordered dict literals in v3.7?

Mark Lawrence breamoreboy at gmail.com
Tue Nov 7 04:39:50 EST 2017

On 07/11/17 04:05, David Mertz wrote:
> I strongly opposed adding an ordered guarantee to regular dicts. If the
> implementation happens to keep that, great. Maybe OrderedDict can be
> rewritten to use the dict implementation. But the evidence that all
> implementations will always be fine with this restraint feels poor, and
> we have a perfectly good explicit OrderedDict for those who want that.

If there is an ordered guarantee for regular dicts but not for dict
literals, which is the subject of this thread, then haven't we got a
recipe for the kind of confusion that will lead to the number of
questions from newbies going off of the Richter scale?

what you can do for our language.

Mark Lawrence