[Python-Dev] Partial support of a platform

Victor Stinner victor.stinner at gmail.com
Mon Nov 6 16:54:02 EST 2017

> I don't believe CPython *partially* supports any platforms - either they are
> fully supported or they are not supported.

Ok. So there are two questions:

* Where is the list of platforms "endorsed" by CPython ("fully supported")

* How can we decide when to start to support support a new platform?

Usually, developers begin with a nice looking change: short, not
intrusive. But later, the real change comes, and it's much larger and
uglier :-) And the rationale for the first change is "come on, it's
just a few lines!". And I have troubles to justify to reject such
patch. Slowly, I'm pointing people to the right section of the PEP 11.

Victor