[Python-Dev] Guarantee ordered dict literals in v3.7?

Stefan Krah stefan at bytereef.org
Mon Nov 6 08:29:19 EST 2017

On Mon, Nov 06, 2017 at 01:03:05PM +0200, Paul Sokolovsky wrote:
> > $ time ./micropython xxx.py
> > $ time ../../cpython/python xxx.py
>

> > Congratulations ...
>
> That's why I wrote "Python 3.3", it's hard to argue CPython doesn't do
> anything about the "Python is slow" proverb. It's still shouldn't be
> hard to construct a testcase where MicroPython is faster (by not
> implementing features not needed by 90% of Python programs of course,
> not "for free").

Sorry, that was a slightly mischievous benchmark indeed. -- Whether the proposal
is surreal or not depends on the likelihood that a) a substantially faster dict
algorithm will emerge and b) CPython, PyPy and Jython will switch to it.

My proposal was based on the fact that for almost two release cycles the
ordering implementation detail hasn't changed.

Stefan Krah