[Python-Dev] PEP 484 update proposal: annotating decorated declarations

Steven D'Aprano steve at pearwood.info
Wed May 10 21:39:43 EDT 2017

On Tue, May 09, 2017 at 11:54:26PM +0400, Abdur-Rahmaan Janhangeer wrote:
> I'm really new to the mailing list. Can someone just summarise the
> preceding message in 5 to 10 lines like what it is, what type is it or when
> does it happen

It is an update to PEP 484, adding support for type-checking decorators.

https://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0484/

I don't understand what you mean by "what type is it".

When does it happen: if there are no strong or conclusive objections
(and I don't think there have been) it may have already happened by now.
If not, then soon. Depends on Guido's schedule.

As for when it will actually be visible in Python, the original post
already answered that: Guido hopes to add it to Python 3.6.2 and 3.5.4.
I don't think this will have much visible impact unless you're using
MyPy for type checking.

By the way, the original post was less than fifty lines. That already
is a summary.

--
Steve