[Python-Dev] why _PyGen_Finalize(gen) propagates close() to _PyGen_yf() ?

Oleg Nesterov oleg at redhat.com
Thu Mar 30 14:05:56 EDT 2017

On 03/28, Eric Snow wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 20, 2017 at 11:30 AM, Oleg Nesterov <oleg at redhat.com> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > Let me first clarify, I do not claim this is a bug, I am trying to learn
> > python and now I trying to understand yield-from.
>
> Given that you haven't gotten a response here,

and this looks a bit strange. My question is simple, the implementation looks
clear and straightforward, I am a bit surprised none of cpython devs bothered
to reply.

> you may want to take
> this over to the core-mentorship at python.org list.

Well, I'm afraid to contact this closed and not-for-mortals list, not sure
this very basic question should go there ;) perhaps you are already a member,
feel free to forward.

I downloaded micropython and it doesn't propagate .close() in this case. but
it seem to differ very much from cpython, not sure this matters at all.

Thanks,

Oleg.