[Python-Dev] Reminder: buildbots are alive :-)

Victor Stinner victor.stinner at gmail.com
Mon Mar 27 19:31:44 EDT 2017

Hi,

Don't forget our brave buildbots which compile Python to run the full
test suite, every day, every night, even if it's raining or worse!

Python 3.7:
http://buildbot.python.org/all/waterfall?category=3.x.stable&category=3.x.unstable

Python 3.6:
http://buildbot.python.org/all/waterfall?category=3.6.stable&category=3.6.unstable

Python 3.5:
http://buildbot.python.org/all/waterfall?category=3.5.stable&category=3.5.unstable

Python 2.7:
http://buildbot.python.org/all/waterfall?category=2.7.stable&category=2.7.unstable

It seems like most buildbots are back to normal (green). I backported
".gitattributes" to 3.5 today to fix the last major known buildbot
issue on Windows.

I proposed to drop OS X Tiger support since the OS is old, tests are
failing, and I don't know how to get access to such old OS nowadays:
http://bugs.python.org/issue29915

But Ned Deily wrote that right now, it's the last online macOS
buildbot! Moreover, only one test fails and it's a minor regression of
test_uuid:
http://bugs.python.org/issue29925

For OpenIndiana, I just sent a new ping on the "OpenIndiana and
Solaris support" thread on this list. I'm still in favor of removing
completely the buildbot. Maybe we can add a new Illumos buildbot slave
later?

That's all Folks!

Victor