[Python-Dev] PEP 544: Protocols

Ivan Levkivskyi levkivskyi at gmail.com
Tue Mar 21 14:05:41 EDT 2017

On 21 March 2017 at 18:03, Brett Cannon <brett at python.org> wrote:

> I do think it's fine, though, to make it very clear that whether you
> subclass or not makes absolutely no difference to tools validating the type
> soundness of the code.

There are two places where PEP draft says:

"Note that there is no conceptual difference between explicit and implicit
subtypes"

and

"The general philosophy is that protocols are mostly like regular ABCs, but
a static type checker will handle them specially."

Do you want to propose alternative wording for these, or would you rather
like an additional statement?

--
Ivan