[Python-Dev] Help requested with Python 2.7 performance regression

Victor Stinner victor.stinner at gmail.com
Fri Mar 3 09:31:55 EST 2017

> Out of curiosity, I ran the set of benchmarks in two LXC containers running
> centos7 (2.7.5 + gcc 4.8.5) and Fedora 25 (2.7.13 + gcc 6.3.x). The benchmarks
> do run faster in 18 benchmarks, slower on 12 and insignificant for the rest (~33
> from memory).

"faster" or "slower" is relative: I would like to see the ?.??x
faster/slower or percent value. Can you please share the result? I
don't know what is the best output:
  python3 -m performance compare centos.json fedora.json
or the new:
  python3 -m perf compare_to centos.json fedora.json --table --quiet

Victor