[Python-Dev] Helping contributors with chores (do we have to?)

Oleg Broytman phd at phdru.name
Sun Jun 25 17:59:42 EDT 2017

On Sun, Jun 25, 2017 at 10:39:36PM +0100, Paul Moore <p.f.moore at gmail.com> wrote:
> for someone coming from a familiarity with Mercurial (which means many
> core devs) the learning curve is pretty steep (I'd consider that

   I switched to git after had been using hg for about 3 years. The
first few months after the switch were rather painful. It took me a year
to start understanding git and another year to master it. But I'm a slow
thinker, I must admit.

> self-evident, because of the differences between the 2 systems).

   Not sure about self-evidence. At the first glance they look similar.
Both are DVCSes with DAG.
   The devil is in the details. In a lot of small quite different
details.

> Paul

Oleg.
     Oleg Broytman            http://phdru.name/            phd at phdru.name