[Python-Dev] IDLE internal layout

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Wed Jun 14 08:45:17 EDT 2017

On 6/14/2017 1:48 AM, Louie Lu wrote:
> (Due to idle-dev mailing list low traffic, this mail was sent to
> python-dev and idle-dev)

> I'm now trying to figure out IDLE internal relation.
> I got some module dependency graph and count.
>
> The work is at HackMD:
>
> https://hackmd.io/IwNg7AphDGBmsFoAsBOCAmZAGMBDBKsArEgruuiEkQCa5YBGsNQA
>
> Is there any previous material on this topic?

Not that I know of.  There are many delayed imports in idlelib. At least
one is to avoid circular import error, as I discovered when I tried to
move it to the top as suggested by PEP8.

Thanks for finding the site and producing the .pngs.  Even though
missing a few links from importlib.import_module calls, they will be
helpful.  I saved the 2nd one locally so I can view it at full size.

(The left column links such as debugger.py linking to 'debugger.py' are
nonsensical.)

--
Terry Jan Reedy