[Python-Dev] Remove embedded expat library?

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Fri Jun 9 18:32:37 EDT 2017

On 6/9/2017 12:40 PM, Zachary Ware wrote:

> PR 1783 (https://github.com/python/cpython/pull/1783); needs another
> review from Steve to make sure I haven't made a complete mess of
> things, then it should be ready to go.  Anyone else on Windows (Terry
> Reedy?) who can test it and provide feedback, please do!

Something like the following condensed log?

f:\dev>git clone https://github.com/python/cpython tem
f:\dev>cd tem
f:\dev\tem>git remote add upstream https://github.com/python/cpython
f:\dev\tem>git pr 1783
f:\dev\tem>pcbuild\build.bat -e
Fetching external libraries...
Fetching bzip2-1.0.6...
Fetching openssl-1.0.2k...
Fetching sqlite-3.14.2.0...
Fetching tcl-core-8.6.6.0...
Fetching tk-8.6.6.0...
Fetching tix-8.4.3.6...
Fetching xz-5.2.2...
Fetching external binaries...
Fetching nasm-2.11.06...

# Appeared to finish with usual warnings, but no errors.
f:\dev\tem>python -m test -j14
367 tests OK.

38 tests skipped:
     test_crypt test_curses test_dbm_gnu test_dbm_ndbm test_devpoll
     test_epoll test_fcntl test_fork1 test_gdb test_grp test_ioctl
     test_kqueue test_nis test_openpty test_ossaudiodev test_pipes
     test_poll test_posix test_pty test_pwd test_readline test_resource
     test_smtpnet test_socketserver test_spwd test_syslog
     test_threadsignals test_timeout test_tix test_tk test_ttk_guionly
     test_urllib2net test_urllibnet test_wait3 test_wait4 test_winsound
     test_xmlrpc_net test_zipfile64

Total duration: 2 min 15 sec
Tests result: SUCCESS
-----

Duration aside, my working clone master, without the patch, gives the
same result.  (The usual debug build takes twice as long.)  In this
respect, the patch seems ready to go.  If you have any questions about
the compile or test logs, I will try to keep them around at least a few
hours.

--
Terry Jan Reedy