[Python-Dev] Need help to fix urllib(.parse) vulnerabilities

Victor Stinner victor.stinner at gmail.com
Sat Jul 22 17:47:38 EDT 2017

I consider that it is a security vulneraibility and so should be fixed in
all supported branches including 3.3 and 3.4.

If someone is blocked for a legit usecase, an old Python version can be
used until we decide how to handle it.

I concur with you, I don't think that anyone uses filenames containing
newlines on FTP. FTP protocol is text based and uses newlines as the
command separator. I expect a lot of not fun issues if someone uses such
filename on legit files.

Victor