[Python-Dev] [python-committers] Should I make a 3.4.7rc1 next weekend?

Victor Stinner victor.stinner at gmail.com
Wed Jul 12 09:18:42 EDT 2017

I would love to have a new 3.4 release including all security fixes,
sure! It would reduce the number of known vulnerability in Python 3.4:

   http://python-security.readthedocs.io/vulnerabilities.html

> After a flurry of accepted PRs, I have now accrued about ten fresh security
> fixes in the 3.4 branch.  (Mostly from Victor, but also Serhiy, and one from
> Barry--thanks everyone!)  There are now no outstanding security fix PRs
> against 3.4.

Thanks for merging them ;-)

I would like to see my "[3.4] Backport CI config from master" PR
merged into 3.4 to get at least a check from Travis and AppVeyor that
there is no major regression on Linux and Windows:
https://github.com/python/cpython/pull/2475

If I recall correctly, it would be the first time that we have a CI
for a branch in security-fix only mode, no?

Victor