[Python-Dev] modules people want installed automatically (was: Re: re performance)

Brett Cannon brett at python.org
Mon Jan 30 20:44:18 EST 2017

Proper support in the loader API is possible and was on its way to being
coded up until GitHub took precedence (realize this project has put all
other major python projects of mine on hold for nearly 2 years hence the
delay). And pkg_resources I'm sure could be updated to use any new API when
available, so I don't think it's appropriate to bring the name into the
stdlib.