[Python-Dev] Investigating Python memory footprint of one real Web application

Ivan Levkivskyi levkivskyi at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 07:07:29 EST 2017

1. It looks like there is still a room for performance improvement of
typing w.r.t. how ABCs and issubclass() works.
I will try to play with this soon. (the basic idea is that some steps could
be avoided for parameterized generics).

2. I am +1 on having three separate options to independently ignore
asserts, docstrings, and annotations.

3. I am -1 on ignoring annotations altogether. Sometimes they could be
helpful at runtime: typing.NamedTuple and mypy_extensions.TypedDict are two
examples.
Also some people use annotations for runtime checks or even for things
unrelated to typing. I think it would be a pity to lose these
functionalities for small performance gains.

--
Ivan