[Python-Dev] collections.abc for data and non-data descriptors

Raymond Hettinger raymond.hettinger at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 23:44:54 EST 2017

> On Jan 17, 2017, at 11:41 AM, Roberto Martínez <robertomartinezp at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Oh, I understand. Maybe is not worth the effort anyway.

FWIW, I'm also in the camp of thinking it is not worth the effort.  Until there is a demonstrated need (something than can't be met by checking for __set__), the default position should be to stick with a core usable set of ABCs that are know to have real value.  Each new ABC has a non-trivial maintenance burden and requires extra effort on the part of users to learn and remember.

Raymond