[Python-Dev] collections.abc for data and non-data descriptors

Roberto Martínez robertomartinezp at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 12:41:25 EST 2017

I need to check if some objects obey the descriptor protocol in the
construction of a metaclass. I expect to be able to write something like:

if isinstance(myobj, abc.DataDescriptor):
   # do something

The other idea crossing my mind is something like:

if all(hasattr(myobj, attr) for attr in ('__get__', '__set__')):
    # do something