[Python-Dev] Imports with underscores

Sven R. Kunze srkunze at mail.de
Mon Jan 9 13:03:06 EST 2017

Interesting to see that others have the same problem.

We also had this kind of "over-protective" behavior. As far as I know,
our devs stopped doing it as it feels cumbersome.

Another argument for this is: when using PyCharm, this IDE will suggest
imports from those modules which aren't the original ones. So, you might
import from a third-party module. Over time, however, people learn to
pick the "right" module to import from.

Cheers,
Sven