[Python-Dev] GDB macros in Misc/gdbinit are broken

Victor Stinner victor.stinner at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 03:33:18 EST 2017

> Alexander> I find them useful.  I've never had success with python-gdb.py.

Alexander, Skip: Oh, which kind of issues do you have with
python-gdb.py? It doesn't work? You are unable to dump some data?

python-gdb.py doesn't run code to analyze memory, it prevents crashes
when analysing a running process, and it works on core dumps. It has
many features, it works well. I never had major issues with it, and I
enhance it regulary. Recently, I added support for "method-wrapper".

Victor