[Python-Dev] Split Misc/NEWS into individual files

Ned Deily nad at python.org
Wed Feb 22 16:29:57 EST 2017

On Feb 22, 2017, at 07:27, Victor Stinner <victor.stinner at gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]My idea is not new, it's already discussed in the Python core-workflow:
> https://github.com/python/core-workflow/issues/6
>
> I'm opening a thread on python-dev because Misc/NEWS quickly became a
> blocker issue with the Python new workflow.
>
> What do you think of the overall idea?

I think we clearly need to do something about Misc/NEWS but this issue is already under discussion in the core-workflow working group and I think we shouldn't be moving it to python-dev until there is a final concrete proposal.  I know it is high on Brett's list but I believe he's taking a few days of holiday right so he may not be able to respond immediately.  Let's move this discussion over to the core-workflow mailing list.  It can wait a few days.

  Ned Deily
  nad at python.org -- []