[Python-Dev] Update on labels to be used on GitHub

Victor Stinner victor.stinner at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 17:35:58 EST 2017

> We now have two sets of labels for representing cherry-picking statuses:
> "backport to N.M" and "cherry-pick for N.M". The former are to help keep
> track of what branches a PR should be cherry-picked to and can be removed
> once the PR for a cherry-pick has been created (you can add a comment like
> "cherry-picked from GH-NN" to make the link between the PRs).

The first time I looked at the "backport to 3.6" flag, I understood
that the change was written on the 3.6 branch and asked to rebase the
change on 3.6. If I was confused, I'm sure that someone else will be
confused as well :-)

What do you think of renaming the label to "need 3.6 backport" (or
"need backport to 3.6")?

Victor