[Python-Dev] OpenIndiana and Solaris support

Victor Stinner victor.stinner at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 05:24:55 EST 2017

Hi,

Is there anything new about Solaris or OpenIndiana since September?
Right now, it seems like the cea-indiana-x86 buildbot slave is offline
since longer than 54 days.

Oracle decided to stop Solaris 12 development:
https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2017/01/oracle-sort-of-confirms-demise-of-solaris-12-effort/

I'm not opposed to help if someone provides patches to fix Solaris
issues, but it seems like no one wants to do this job.

So I suggest to drop official Solaris support, but I don't propose to
remove the C code specific to Solaris. In practice, I suggest to
remove Solaris and OpenIndiana buildbots since they are broken for
months and are more annoying than useful.

Victor