[Python-Dev] Mac OSX SSL certs

Edward Ned Harvey (python) python at nedharvey.com
Tue Feb 7 17:19:31 EST 2017

I would like to suggest that the OSX installer automatically run "Install Certificates.command", or display a prompt to users saying "Run Now" during installation.

Having the readme is helpful - but only after you google for 20 minutes, because of an exception you encountered. Of course nobody reads the readme during install. "I've installed python a thousand times before, I know what I'm doing."

There are so many things that require SSL, and it's reasonably assumed to be functional by default.