[Python-Dev] HP-UX pr not feeling the love

Rob Boehne robb at datalogics.com
Wed Dec 6 10:22:06 EST 2017

Hello,

Back in June I was fired up to get my diverse set of platforms all running Python 3, but quickly ran into issues and submitted a PR.

https://github.com/python/cpython/pull/2519

It seems as though this HP-UX specific change isn’t getting much consideration, which probably isn’t a big deal.  What may be more important is that I’ve stopped trying to contribute, and if I really need Python 3 on HP-UX, AIX, Sparc Solaris or other operating systems, I’ll have to hack it together myself and maintain  my own fork, while presumably others do the same.  At the same time I’m working hard to convince management that we shouldn’t create technical debt by maintaining patches to all the tools we use, and that we should get these changes accepted into the upstream repos.

Could someone have a look at this PR and possibly merge?

Thanks,

Rob Boehne