[Python-Dev] PEP 557 Data Classes 5th posting

Eric V. Smith eric at trueblade.com
Sun Dec 3 12:07:15 EST 2017

On 12/3/2017 11:56 AM, Guido van Rossum wrote:
> Not sure I like that better. It's an open-ended sequence of homogeneous
> types. What's the advantage of a tuple? I don't want to blindly follow
> existing APIs.

So people don't modify it, but consenting adults would say "don't do
that". I currently return a new tuple in each call to fields(), but in
the future I might return the same one every time (per class).

I really don't care so much. The only reason I made any change was
because the implementation was returning an OrderedDict, so I was
changing the tests anyway. I'm happy to change it back to a list, based
on the convention of homogeneous types being in a list.

Eric.