[Python-Dev] PEP 550 v4

Yury Selivanov yselivanov.ml at gmail.com
Sat Aug 26 12:35:41 EDT 2017

On Sat, Aug 26, 2017 at 12:56 AM, David Mertz <mertz at gnosis.cx> wrote:
> This is now looking really good and I can understands it.

Great!

> One question though. Sometimes creation of a context variable is done with a
> name argument, other times not. E.g.
>
>   var1 = new_context_var('var1')
>   var = new_context_var()

We were very focused on making the High-level Specification as
succinct as possible, omitting some API details that are not important
for understanding the semantics.

"name" argument is not optional and will be required.  If it's
optional, people will not provide it, making it very hard to
introspect the context when we want it.

I guess we'll just update the High-level Specification section to use
the correct signature of "new_context_var".

Yury