[Python-Dev] PEP 550 v3

Antoine Pitrou solipsis at pitrou.net
Sat Aug 19 04:40:18 EDT 2017

On Fri, 18 Aug 2017 16:33:27 -0400
Yury Selivanov <yselivanov.ml at gmail.com> wrote:

> There are a few open questions left, namely the terminology
> and design of ContextKey API.  On the former topic, I'm quite
> happy with the latest version: Execution Context, Logical
> Context, and Context Key.

I don't really like it.  "Logical Context" is vague (there are
lots of things called "context" in other libraries, so a bit of
specificity would help avoid confusion), and it's not clear what is
"logical" about it anyway.  "Local Context" actually seemed better to
me (as it reminded of threading.local() or the general notion of
thread-local storage).

Regards

Antoine.