[Python-Dev] windows installer and python list mention

Mark Lawrence breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Apr 10 15:29:53 EDT 2017

On 10/04/2017 18:48, Nathaniel Smith wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 10, 2017 at 10:32 AM, Ethan Furman <ethan at stoneleaf.us> wrote:
>> Some people find it easier to follow this and other lists via gmane
>> (http://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.python.general), a service which
>> offers a newsgroup interface to many online mailing lists.
>
> Also, gmane has been dead for a few months (that link just says "Page
> Not Found") and its future is uncertain, so this bit isn't terribly
> helpful either...
>
> -n

Wrong, it's live and kicking.  What am I reading this on, Scotch mist?

Of course people should be pointed to the Windows list at
gmane.comp.python.windows but that will not stop them asking the same
moronic question that has been asked repeatedly for the last 16 months,
"I get api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing, what do I do about
it?".  Haven't they heard of search engines?

what you can do for our language.

Mark Lawrence